Monday, September 16, 2013

Weaving Two Styles Into One

Well here we are yet another shooting tragedy in the United States this morning. While this is a tragedy, it struck me how the story was reported on WCPO's website when I went to read about what exactly was going on at the Navy Yard in D.C. First, I am not dismissing this tragic event, rather I am looking at the style of reporting that occurred.

When I began to read the article that the Associated Press had published, I scrolled down to find something interesting, hashtags. The entire reporting scheme was laid out in a Tweet timeline



Personally I really enjoy when two mediums come together to create a story, I think that it gives the writing layers to go by and lets the reader see different writing styles. Just like incorporating pictures, adding the Tweet timeline gives the story just a little more to go on.

Adding Twitter, video, tumblr, or any other medium amplifies the story for me. I think that it add more character to the piece and shows other sides to writing as well, but delivers the facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment