Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kentucky Virtual Library

I have been reflecting on our class and I was trying to recall when I saw the first bit of "digital writing" in my learning. Then I started thinking about where I saw digital writing for the first time. That brought me to remember the Kentucky Virtual Library (KYVL). When I was in school I remember using this tool very much. We would use it for research, looking at articles, finding books, and giving useful search engines as well.

From this I began to consider how people will get their information in say 10 years. Will everything have switched to digital versions or will we still offer hard copies? Where will the pivot be that causes us to go digital? Personally I like the digital because it makes a book searchable and I can find what I want that much quicker. Not to denote actual books, but it is great to find something that quick especially in a textbook.

I think that we will have paper for some time, but I am sure that I will witness the transition to the all digital books and our libraries of books will be virtual!


No comments:

Post a Comment