Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Exploring Blogs

I have never really had a blog that I follow religiously. I do however have a friend that does a pretty good job of keep up with her blog. It is one that I will look at often to see what she is thinking and up to. The name of her blog is “What’s in Coco’s Hair” she keeps it light but explores everything and anything on her mind. 

I will also keep up with blogs of my friends who are traveling for study abroad. I like to live vicariously through them during their experiences. Sometimes I find it neat to see how they are being conditioned by the new culture that they find themselves in. 

This summer I had to blog about my internship experience that I was having while interning with 4-H and Youth Development. I really enjoyed this because I got to share what I was doing with the rest of the interns that were scattered throughout Kentucky. It was neat to keep up with their experiences as well. 

Blogging is something that in PR we talk about a lot. It is a key tool to build website traffic when that can be lacking. Finding the right style for a blog can take a while though. There are services that will even write and develop a blog for you. I am not sure how I feel about this. When those who are writing the blog aren’t actually having the experiences I think it discredits the blog and those who it is written for.


I think that finding a blog that you like with content you can relate to is important. However in this digital world it is hard to make sure that there is credit within that blog and information that you are looking into.

No comments:

Post a Comment