Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Time-Warp of YouTube

Today we had a presentation all about YouTube. When I think about the site, I think of my sister and I when we go to Wal-Mart. We get sucked in. You get onto YouTube to watch that one video, then two hours later and about 10 clips in your eyes are glazed over and you forget when you went to the site to begin with. I will be the first to admit, I get sucked in by YouTube!

We discussed the many uses of YouTube as well today. Specifically YouTube as a writing platform. I think that I would consider it more as an expressive platform. While this is very similar to writing, I think there are aspects of writing that are used on YouTube. Considering the comment section as a platform to share and express ideas about the videos at hand.This is a place where expression and idea generation can happen. While some of the conversation is crude, there are some ideas that are generated from YouTube conversations.


YouTube gives us access to information that once was only seen in certain places or at certain times. Now we can explore almost every part of the world through these videos. We can learn how to do pretty much anything from this platform, from knitting to things that aren’t as innocent. YouTube unleashes a plethora of knowledge, expression, and entertainment all in once place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment